The American Association of Osteopathic Manual Practitioners adheres to the following objectives:
• To develop, establish and maintain standards of qualification for persons to be issued a license to practice as a Certified Osteopathic Manual Practitioner (COMP).
• To develop, establish and maintain programs and standards of practice to assure the quality of the manual osteopathic practice profession.
• To develop, establish & maintain standards of knowledge, skills & programs to promote continuing evaluation, and competence & improvement among certified osteopathic manual practitioners.
• To develop, establish and maintain standards of professional ethics for certified manual osteopathic practitioners.
• To promote and enhance relations between AAOMPS and its members, other health profession associations, key stakeholders, and the public.
• To develop, establish and maintain standards and programs to promote the ability of certified osteopathic manual practitioners to respond to changes in practice, environments, advances in technology and other emerging issues.