top of page
The American Association of Osteopathic Manual Practitioners adheres to the following objectives:
• To develop, establish and maintain standards of qualification for persons to be issued a license to practice as a Certified Osteopathic Manual Practitioner (COMP).
• To develop, establish and maintain programs and standards of practice to assure the quality of the manual osteopathic practice profession.
• To develop, establish & maintain standards of knowledge, skills & programs to promote continuing evaluation, and competence & improvement among certified osteopathic manual practitioners.
• To develop, establish and maintain standards of professional ethics for certified manual osteopathic practitioners.
• To promote and enhance relations between AAOMPS and its members, other health profession associations, key stakeholders, and the public.
• To develop, establish and maintain standards and programs to promote the ability of certified osteopathic manual practitioners to respond to changes in practice, environments, advances in technology and other emerging issues.
bottom of page